Corona death in China in 8 months… ‘Super emergency’ in the spread of cities near Beijing

In China, deaths from the novel coronavirus infection (Corona 19) came out in about eight months. Corona 19 is spreading around Hebei Province, which is adjacent to the capital Beijing.

According to the China National Hygiene and Health Commission (WEI) on the 14th, one corona19 patient died in Hebei on the 13th. The death toll of Corona 19 in China was about eight months after one patient was confirmed late after undergoing an additional post-examination on May 16 last year.

In China, on the 13th, 124 local confirmed cases were found in Hebei Province (81) and Heilongjiang Province (43). The total number of new confirmed cases, including 14 confirmed cases from overseas, is 138.

New coronavirus cases are emerging, mainly in Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, which is close to Beijing, China. On the 13th, one corona death was reported in Hebei Province. It has been about 8 months since the corona death toll in China came out. The photo shows a child undergoing a corona test in Shijiazhuang on the 12th. [신화=연합뉴스]

The confirmed cases in Hebei Province (population 22 million) came from Shijiazhuang (75) and Xingtai (6), respectively, and 4 asymptomatic infections were reported.

Currently, there are 463 confirmed cases in the Hebei Province community being treated, and 16 patients are severely ill.

Disinfection on the 12th at an apartment complex in Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, China [신화=연합뉴스]

Disinfection on the 12th at an apartment complex in Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, China [신화=연합뉴스]

In Shijiazhuang (population 11 million) in Hebei Province, where the spread is most severe, a temporary quarantine facility with 3,000 rooms is being built urgently.

China‘s health authorities seem to do their best to protect Beijing, the capital city adjacent to Hebei Province. The city of Beijing recommended that people commuting to Beijing from surrounding areas to work from home. If you must go to work, you must present your Beijing work certificate and nucleic acid test results.

Hebei Province took strong measures to completely block Shijiazhuang, Xingtai and Langfang. In principle, people and vehicles in this area are prohibited from moving for the time being.

Shijiazhuang City and Xingtai City began the second nucleic acid test for all residents from the 12th. In Langfang, all residents must undergo nucleic acid testing and self-isolate for 7 days.

In the case of Shijiazhuang, from the 7th, it took measures to block the whole city, which made it difficult for college students on winter vacation to stay in the dormitory and not return to their hometown.

According to the China Newspaper Week on the 13th, universities in Shijiazhuang have recently entered vacations, and students can no longer stay in dormitories. Most college students in China live in dormitories during semesters and return to their hometowns during vacation. When the dormitories were closed for vacation reasons, they couldn’t come or go.

The students remaining in Shijiazhuang are said to be staying at the hotel at their own expense. Students informed of their difficult situation through the hotline established by Shijiazhuang City, but they said that they only received an answer saying,’It is better to self-isolate’.

China has emphasized that the control of Corona 19 has been stably, but recently, asymptomatic infected people appear one after another, and they are very nervous. As the calm Corona lifted its head again, the Chinese government recommended refraining from moving even during the Lunar New Year holiday, China‘s biggest holiday next month.

After twists and turns on the 14th, World Health Organization (WHO) employees who arrived in China to investigate the origin of Corona 19 arrived in Wuhan and are waiting in protective clothing inside the bus.[로이터=연합뉴스]

After twists and turns on the 14th, World Health Organization (WHO) employees who arrived in China to investigate the origin of Corona 19 arrived in Wuhan and are waiting in protective clothing inside the bus.[로이터=연합뉴스]

According to the state-run Global Times, major cities such as Beijing and Hebei, as well as Shanghai and Shenzhen, have released announcements to prevent the mass migration during the Lunar New Year in preparation for the spread of Corona 19.

Beijing and Shenzhen city authorities banned state-owned employees and public officials from visiting their hometown during the Lunar New Year holidays (February 11-17) and forced them to stay in their cities. There is also a policy to provide free refunds of advance tickets for flights and trains between Beijing and Hebei Shijiazhuang.

Reporter Seo Yujin [email protected]


Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.