Cologne coach Baumgart rages – “Pukes on me”

  1. tz
  2. Sport
  3. Soccer

Created: 8/8/2022, 12:58 p.m

Von: Alexander Kaindl

Split

Transfer earthquake in the Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund has apparently found its replacement for Sébastien Haller. Cologne’s Anthony Modeste is facing a change.

Update from August 8, 8:49 a.m.: After the announcement that Anthony Modeste would leave 1. FC Köln and switch to Borussia Dortmund, coach Steffen Baumgart launched a verbal sweeping attack. The fact that in the run-up to Cologne’s game against Schalke 04 (3-1) it was leaked that top striker Modeste would leave the club “pukes me up,” Baumgart emphasized on Sunday.

“It doesn’t come out on Friday and Saturday and then we play, have an important game – and then it comes out. That pisses me off,” Baumgart scolded: “It’s not the first time I’ve had the feeling that something is coming out, and not from us. It doesn’t matter who then tells shit. This puts us in a difficult situation four hours before the game.”

Baumgart rages about Modeste’s transfer: “That’s what really gets on my nerves”

It has “to do with fair play that you keep it under a lid and don’t talk big about it,” said Baumgart indignantly: “That’s what really gets on my balls. In my situation as a coach, you can imagine that I’ve got the arse card. I have a good relationship with Tony, but I still have a decision to make. Everything else is part of the business. We have made a clear decision, we will deal with it and live with it.”

However, Baumgart emphasized that he would not investigate from which camp the information was made public, for whom there was no alternative to removing Modeste from the squad at short notice for the Schalke game: “Tony wanted to play. I didn’t think it was appropriate. If someone no longer follows the path, you have to make decisions.”

Cologne coach Steffen Baumgart (right) is annoyed that Anthony Modeste’s move to BVB became public before the game against Schalke. © Laci Perenyi / Imago

Modeste before a medical check in Dortmund: perfect transfer on Monday?

In Dortmund, Modeste should complete the medical check on Monday and then the transfer should be made perfect. BVB is looking for a replacement for its seriously ill striker Sébastien Haller at short notice.

For Baumgart, however, it was clear that he would not put any obstacles in Modeste’s way. The striker had already received a lucrative offer from another club last winter, and at the time it was agreed that talks would be held in the summer if a similar situation recurred.

“In a joint exchange, even after the history from the winter, we were of the opinion that we should deal with the transfer,” said sporting director Christian Keller: “There were quite a few reasons that spoke in favor of agreeing to the transfer.” With an estimated annual salary of 3.5 million euros, Modeste is the top earner in Cologne.

Modeste change to BVB fixed: Cologne boss Keller confirms “fundamental agreement”

Update from August 7, 5:32 p.m.: It seems to be going very quickly now. Anthony Modeste should already complete the medical check at BVB on Monday, like him kicker writes. 1. FC Köln confirmed an agreement with Dortmund on Sunday afternoon. “At the request of ‘Tony’ Modeste, we reached an agreement in principle with BVB about his transfer this afternoon,” said managing director Christian Keller before the game between Cologne and newly promoted FC Schalke.

First report from August 7, 11:05 a.m.: Dortmund – Is there another spectacular deal in the Bundesliga? Borussia Dortmund are looking for a replacement for Sébastien Haller. Now you will apparently find what you are looking for in Cologne: Anthony Modeste should switch from FC to BVB. To Sports1-There is information between black and yellow and the goalscorer that there is already a “fundamental agreement” that BVB has submitted an offer to the Cologne team. The association wanted this on SID-Do not comment on request.

Modeste to BVB: Dortmund before transfer from Köln-Star

Explosive: The message popped up just before the Cologne season opener on Sunday evening (5:30 p.m.) against Schalke 04. Will Modeste still be in the squad when his club meets the promoted team? Normally players who are close to a change are no longer fielded to avoid possible injuries.

The Frenchman scored 20 goals for Cologne last season. As a very good header and experienced, but also affordable player, the 34-year-old would fit the profile perfectly. Borussia had already signed midfielder Salih Özcan from “Effzeh” before the season.

Modeste before BVB transfer? Sebastian Kehl reports on negotiations with a candidate

The new BVB sports director Sebastian Kehl declared on Saturday at the start of the season against Bayer Leverkusen (1-0) that talks with a candidate were “pointing towards the right direction”. Modeste has a contract with FC until 2023, with an estimated annual salary of 3.5 million euros, he is the top earner in the team and has repeatedly flirted with thoughts of leaving.

BVB executive floor: Managing Director Hans-Joachim “Aki” Watzke, Sports Director Sebastian Kehl and Coach Edin Terzic. © IMAGO / Kirchner Media

In Dortmund they would be only too happy to do without the striker debate, but: A replacement must be found for Haller (28), who was only committed in the summer. The Ivorian came from Ajax Amsterdam and is the most expensive striker in Dortmund club history. However, during the prep, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He has to undergo chemotherapy and will be out for months.

BVB: Ex-girlfriend reports Nico Schulz

BVB has yet to deal with another personality these days. Nico Schulz is accused of domestic violence, the club has already announced talks with the left-back. (akl/sid)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.