CO poisoning at illegal BBQ party in locked garage | Abroad

It was a resident of the apartment building who called in the fire brigade on Wednesday evening around 10:25 pm because her CO detector had gone off. Once on site, however, the fire brigade did not identify any source of carbon monoxide in her apartment. After further investigation, the firefighters found five people holding a barbecue in a locked garage of the building. Those present were examined by a doctor and one of them was taken to hospital with mild symptoms of poisoning.

The police also came to the scene and issued an official report against all those present. “We insist never to use a barbecue or fire pit in an enclosed space,” says fire service spokesman Walter Derieuw. “The combustion gases cannot be discharged and the CO accumulates in the closed space, resulting in intoxications.”

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending