characteristic features of the bronchi
KOMPAS.com – Bronchus is respiratory organs humans who become the air route to the alveolus, where the air exchange takes place. The bronchus is a very important organ. If bronchus does not function normally, it will cause bronchitis, asmalung cancer, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Characteristics of the bronchi
The following are the characteristics of the bronchi:
- Bronchus is a canal from the trachea which is divided into two and enters the trachea paru-paru. The place where the bronchi divide into two is the carina cartilage.
- The right bronchus is shorter, wider, and more vertical in position than the left bronchus. The right bronchus enters the lungs at the height of the 5th thoracal bone.
- The left bronchus is longer, but narrower and more horizontal in position. The left bronchus enters the lungs at the level of the 6th thoracic bone. This position is below the aortic arch.
- The length of the right bronchus is 2 to 3 centimeters, while the left bronchus is 5 centimeters.
- The right bronchus will be divided into 3 channels, while the left bronchus will be divided into 2 channels.
- The structure of the bronchi consists of rings of cartilage or cartilage that function to prevent airway obstruction.
Diseases related to the bronchi
The following are diseases caused by bronchial disorders:
Acute bronchitis is caused by a viral infection that attacks the nose and throat, then affects the bronchi. This condition causes the bronchi to swell. Symptoms that may arise include coughing and wheezing.
Chronic bronchitis is caused by inflammation of the bronchi and a buildup of mucus in the sputum. Symptoms are chronic cough and shortness of breath.
Also read: Human Excretory Tools, Lungs to Skin
Entry of foreign objects
The entry of foreign bodies into the airways often occurs in children who insert small objects into their nose. If it is inhaled, the object will get stuck in the bronchi. To remove it, need surgery with general anesthesia. This condition is very dangerous because it can block the airway or cause a bacterial infection.
Asthma is also known as bronchospasm. This condition occurs when the bronchus constricts so that it interferes with the air entering the alveolus.
Get updates news of choice and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.–