The law provides for the reservation of certain categories of persons liable for military service.
Per period mobilization in Ukraine and in wartime, some categories of workers are entitled to “reservation” at work and deferment from the army.
At the end of 2022, the relevant amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On mobilization training and mobilization” on the reservation of those liable for military service came into force. The changes expand the list of persons liable for military service to be booked.
The law provides for the booking of active military servicemen:
- in state authorities, other state bodies, local self-government bodies, if it is necessary to ensure the functioning of these bodies;
- at enterprises, institutions and organizations that have established mobilization tasks (orders), if this is necessary to fulfill the established mobilization tasks (orders);
- at enterprises, institutions and organizations engaged in the production of goods, performance of works and services necessary to meet the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations;
- at enterprises, institutions and organizations that are critical for the functioning of the economy and the livelihoods of the population in a special period. The criteria and procedure by which the determination of enterprises, institutions and organizations that are critical for the functioning of the economy and ensuring the livelihoods of the population in a special period are established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Booking volumes for military servicemenemployees working at enterprises, institutions and organizations are determined taking into account the mobilization order established for them. Booking volumes for those liable for military service working in public authorities are determined taking into account the need to provide them under martial law.
The granted deferment from conscription is subject to cancellation if:
- has expired;
- completion or cancellation of a task for an enterprise, institution, organization to meet the needs of the Armed Forces, other military formations, and the population;
- liquidation of a state authority, other state body, company, institution, organization;
- dismissal of a person liable for military service from a state authority, other state body, enterprise, institution, organization.
Recall that the Minister of Defense Alexey Reznikov said that mobilization in Ukraine continues “in a calm mode”.
“As of today, I see no need for mass mobilization. However, of course, the situation at the front can change in any way, at any moment … “- said the minister.
Citizens who have not completed military service, without fail sent for training, the minimum period is one month. Further, depending on the complexity of the specialty, this period can be much longer.