The venue will feature sports screens, a kitchen, bar, bowling alley, state-of-the-art VR and arcade games, patio dining and much more.
the cinema chain Harkins Theatres announced plans Monday for its new family entertainment concept, called Harkins BackLot, coming to The Shops at Norterra in north Phoenix.
The company said the venue is inspired by classic movie studios where many movies are filmed.
BackLot will include:
- A full service restaurant and bar with specially prepared food and beverages.
- A stadium-like area for sports viewing with laser-sharp giant screens, Harkins digital sound and booster seats.
- State-of-the-art Brunswick bowling alleys with exclusive VIP areas and Spark® digitally enhanced and animated lanes for added gamification.
- A large arcade with large format video, virtual reality, and games.
- Immersive virtual reality experiences.
- An outdoor patio with yard games and also for watching sports.
- Spaces for private parties and corporate events.
- Dazzling movie-themed AV displays to transform the entire environment.
“Entertaining our friends and family is at the core of what we’ve always done,” said Dan Harkins, owner of Harkins Theatres.
“I am excited to build on that tradition with the Harkins BackLot.”
Harkins said he anticipates opening the new family entertainment center in 2024, with more locations to be announced soon.