The governor of the Russian Belgorod region, Vyacheslav Gladkov, announced today, Friday, that two people were killed in the bombing of the Ukrainian army, which targeted a road in the Chebykinsky district.
This comes as the authorities in a number of Russian provinces announced that areas there were bombed and attacked by marches by Ukraine on Friday morning.
Vasily Anokhin, Acting Governor of Smolensk Province, reported that two long-range drones attacked fuel and energy facilities in the Smolensk region at dawn today, Friday, without causing casualties or serious damage.
He added that the attack targeted the towns of Devasi and Beresna, near the capital of the region, Smolensk, about 270 km from the Ukrainian border, but he did not say who was responsible for the attack.
The official said emergency services were working in the area to clear the traces of the attack, which took place near villages more than 300 km from the Ukrainian border.
In another incident, the governor of Karuga province, Vladislav Shabsha, referred to the fall and explosion of an “unidentified object” in a forest in the Kaluga region on Friday morning, without causing damage to economic facilities and residential buildings, and without harming anyone.
This comes a day after another “unidentified object” fell and exploded in a field near the village of Tovarkovo in the Dzerzhinsky district of the province, without causing any injuries.
In the border province of Bryansk, the governor, Alexander Bogomaz, reported via “Telegram” that a house containing two apartments in the village of Novaya Bogosh had caught fire as a result of bombing from Ukraine, without causing any injuries.
Earlier this morning, Bogomaz confirmed that the village of Lomakovka had also been bombed by Ukrainians.
In Belgorod, the district governor, Vyacheslav Gladkov, noted that the night in the area passed relatively quietly, but the shelling of the Shchebykino area by Ukrainian forces continues.
On Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry announced that it had thwarted an attack attempt by Ukrainian militants in the Chebykino area, after intense shelling of the area.
Evacuation of civilians from Chebekino
At the same time, the governor of Belgorod province announced today, Friday, that more than 2.5 thousand residents of Chepekino in Belgorod province, which was bombed, had been evacuated to temporary residence centers.
“At night in the Belgorod region, the situation was relatively calm, but the shelling of the city of Chebykino continues,” Gladkov said.
He added on “Telegram”: “There are more than 2,500 people in temporary places in the Belgorod region who were evacuated at night, and almost all the people were asleep, and I went to check and reassure how they settled. The conditions are very difficult.”
“The authorities will look for the possibility of placing them in more comfortable accommodation,” Gladkov stressed.
According to him, 200 people will leave for the Yakovlev region, noting that the region continues to evacuate children from border villages, from the city of Shchepkino to friends in neighboring and non-neighbourhoods.
According to Gladkov, today about 100 people are heading to Lipetsk district at the invitation of the district governor Igor Artamonov.
#Belgorod #Smolensk.. #Ukraine #continues #target #Russian #regions