At that time, she stood barefoot on stage, and she has done so during every performance since.
When Dagbladet met her during “Allsang på Grensen”, she was able to confirm that she was going on stage without shoes this time as well.
– Yes of course, I still perform barefoot, and will do it on stage soon, she says smiling and adds:
– I do it to give back to all the children who do not have shoes, who do not have parents. It’s not just about being barefoot, but about giving back.
According to AND! news she has previously stated that the idea of acting barefoot is taken from her own life.
– When I was around six years old, I saw a little girl my age. I gave my shoes to her, because she had scars on her feet, and it was very cold, she said, according to AND! news.
Here she refers to the young girl she met in the Middle East at the time many years ago.
– It is a big position to take, and you were only seven years old. Did you figure it out yourself?
– Yes, I figured it out myself, Jordan confirms to Dagbladet before she continues:
– The first time I was barefoot on stage was on «Norwegian Talents». Mom had bought these nice shoes for me and said: “I bought these that you can use on stage”. And then I said “No, I do not want to use them”, she says and laughs a little.
– So I explained to my mother that I did not want everything to be about me, I did not want to send out those signals. I wanted to give a more meaningful signal, so then I decided to be barefoot. And then my mother became very stressed, the 16-year-old smiles.
It has been eight years since Jordan participated in the talent competition, and since then it has in many ways become her trademark not to have shoes on stage.