Parties and events in New York
- Until November 3, 2019: the Bronx Zoo gets Halloween time, with carved pumpkins and a host of special entertainment.
- November 3, 2019: take part in the Pumpkin Smash, “the pumpkin smash”. This operation is organized by the city of New York to collect the thousands of Halloween pumpkins. Meet at Corlears Hook Park (397 FDR Drive, along the East River under the Williamsburg Bridge) 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- November 3, 2019: New York Marathon. It’s a tradition: the famous marathon will start from Staten Island to cross the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. The finish line is still fixed in Central Park.
2019 New York Marathon Route
- From November 7 to 21, 2019: several artists present sculptures made with cans in the aisles of Brookfield Place shopping center in the World Financial Center. The exhibition takes place from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- From November 9, 2019 to January 5, 2020: reserve your seats for the fabulous Radio City Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Hall. More information on this famous Christmas spectacle on the Radio City Christmas Spectacular page.
- November 11, 2019: Veteran’s Day. Holiday dedicated to veterans. The Veterans Parade will march up Fifth Avenue, from 26th Street to 52nd Street, starting at 11:30 am.
- From November 18 to December 24, 2019: browse the Grand Central Holiday Fair, the Christmas market at Grand Central Terminal station. The stands are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Vanderbilt Hall, the imposing main hall of the station. Until 7 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- From November 21 to December 24, 2019: Christmas market in Union Square. The market is open Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- From November 23, 2019 to January 26, 2019: Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. This model railroad exhibition obviously puts New York in the spotlight!
- November 28, 2019: Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Day. Don’t miss the famous Thanksgiving Parade! This parade of giant balloons will start at 9 a.m. from the corner of 77th Street and Central Park West to rally 6th Avenue to Herald Square. But what exactly is Thanskgiving? Here is all the information on the meaning of Thanksgiving.
- Until January 5, 2020: enjoy the winter village located in Bryant Park. You will be able to taste various specialties there and go ice skating in the shade of the New York Public Library and the spire of the Empire State building.
- Until April 2020: slip on skates and hit the ice at the Rockefeller Center ice rink. Times and prices in this article on the Rockefeller Center ice rink.
Festivals and fairs
- From 6 to 15 November 2019: Documentary Film Festival. This festival is dedicated to documentaries. See you in Chelsea.
- November 16 and 17, 2019: “Salon du chocolat NY”, in French in the text. It smells like cocoa in the aisles of the Javits Center.
- From November 18 to 21, 2019: 16th edition of the Big Apple Film Festival, New York film festival. Meet at Tribeca theaters.
- Matchs de baseball au Yankee Stadium
The baseball championship hibernates! Resumption of the season in February 2020. Reserve your places on the page Billets New York Yankees.
- American football matches at MetLife Stadium
Shock match on November 4, 2019: The New York Giants will face the formidable team of the Dallas Cowboys. Then, on November 10, it’s time for the derby between the New York Giants and the New York Jets. You can now reserve your seats on the page Billets New York Giants.
- Basketball games at Madison Square Garden
The new NBA season continues! In November 2019, the New York Knicks will host the Sacramento Kings, Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, Charlotte Hornets, San Antonio Spurs and Philadelphia 76ers. On November 24, 2019, don’t miss the derby between the New York Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets. To see all the scheduled matches and reserve your seats, go to the NBA Tickets in New York.
- Ice hockey games at Madison Square Garden
Continuation of the NHL season, the American Hockey League. The New York Rangers will host the Ottawa Senotors, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, Minnesota Wild and Carolina Hurricanes. To reserve your seats, go to the page of Ice Hockey New York Tickets.
- Until November 6, 2019: exhibition dedicated to the American painter Jean-Michel Basquiat at the Guggenheim Museum. The Guggenheim Museum in New York presents some twenty paintings, including “Defacement”.
- Until January 4, 2020: as part of the reopening of MoMA, the Museum of Modern Art in New York, come and discover a whole series of new exhibitions. Among the exhibits on offer: “Surrounds”, a set of 11 art installations. See also the article on the reopening of MoMA.
- Until January 5, 2020: the Metropolitan Museum in New York tells you the story of the “Last Knight”, the last knight. An armor exhibition organized on the occasion of the 500th birthday of Emperor Maximilian of Austria.
- Until January 26, 2020: the Metropolitan Museum in New York is dedicating a retrospective to the Franco-Swiss painter Félix Vallotton. Died in Paris in 1925, he is one of the supporters of the painting movement ” end of century “.
- Until September 27, 2020: the Whitney Museum of American Art presents its collection of drawings by Roy Lichtenstein, a leading figure in the Pop Art movement.
Go to New York with my new paper guide!
And to make the most of your stay in New York in November (or later in the year 😉), discover my new 256-page guide to New York: DESTINATION NEW YORK, the reference guide to New York! The 4th edition has just been published in May 2019, with many new features, including the addition of the official maps of the 2 ferry lines in New York. You will discover all there is to see and know in New York! New: my guide ranks first in sales of cultural guides on Amazon, all destinations combined! 🙂