Al Marsad Newspaper – Special:The “Musaned” program account, through its official account on the social networking site “Twitter”, announced conflicting prices for taxes for hiring domestic workers from the Philippines.
The account tweeted, in response to citizens’ requests, that the taxes to bring a domestic worker from the Philippines are priced at 10752 riyals, including the value of the tax.
Hiring prices from many other countries
The program also announced hiring prices from several other countries as follows:
• Uganda 9,500 riyals excluding value added tax
• Thailand 10,000 riyals excluding VAT
• Kenya 10,870 riyals not including VAT
• Bangladesh 13,000 riyals excluding value added tax
• Philippines 17,288 riyals excluding value added tax
Followers questioned the reason for the difference in rates to the program responsible for this, pointing out that this puts them at a loss, especially since the difference is large and inconsistent.