A Tesla Model 3 electric car worth about $ 50,000 was engulfed in flames while it was charging. The incident took place in the town of Maple Glen in the state of Pennsylvania (USA).
According to local media, firefighters located the source of the fire in the back of the car. In fact, at least one explosion can be seen in the film, which means that the car’s battery could have been the cause of the fire.
The fate of the Tesla Model 3 had other models as well
It is not the first such incident involving a Tesla vehicle. Not long ago, such an incident also took place in a Pennsylvania town. A model Tesla S Plaid, which had been purchased just three days before for $ 129,000, caught fire as the owner managed to save himself at the last minute.
Moreover, the fire of the past few days occurred in the same conditions as those in which a Chevrolet Bolt EV and a Chevrolet Bolt EV were recently destroyed. Hyundai Kona Electric. Interestingly, all of these incidents involved battery-powered electric cars provided by the same company, LG Energy Solution, and all caught fire while charging.