A man injects psychedelic mushrooms and they grow in his blood

14.01.2021 06:08 18.389

A man injects psychedelic mushrooms and they grow in his blood

A man from Nebraska suffered from bipolar disorder and injected himself with hallucinogenic mushrooms containing the psychedelic psilocybin. The consequences were fatal.

Nebraska City – A man from the US state of Nebraska suffered from bipolar disorder and injected himself with hallucinogenic mushrooms containing the psychedelic psilocybin. The consequences were fatal.

Psilocybe cubensis, also known as “magic mushrooms”, may only be taken orally – as a powder or tablet. © 123RF / Andrii Zhezhera

Bipolar disorder is a serious mental illness. Manic and depressive mood swings are characteristic.

The 30-year-old who had this clinical picture injected himself with the psychedelic mushrooms because he had read that they had an antidepressant effect and alleviated anxiety.

The so-called magic mushrooms may only be taken orally – either as a powder or tablet – but not injected! After ingestion, they cause perception disorders and change the way you feel very strongly: Sometimes you are depressed and sad, then again happy and full of energy.

It was found later that he had stopped his medication in order to reduce his opioid consumption.

Instead, he boiled the mushrooms, then filtered them through cotton and squirted the liquid into his veins, reports “InsiderThe case is detailed in the Journal of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry described.

After a few days he started vomiting blood, got jaundice, diarrhea and nausea. He also got tired quickly and looked confused. His family, who were extremely concerned, eventually took him to the hospital to the emergency room because his condition was critical.

At the clinic, doctors diagnosed that the man’s liver was already badly damaged and that the kidneys were no longer working properly. He began to develop organ failure. Because the mushrooms that thrive in dark places grew in his bloodstream!

The patient was put on a ventilator and his blood had to be filtered for toxins. He was treated for a total of 22 days. After leaving the clinic, he has to take long-term antifungal and antibiotics.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.