All body pain when you wake up is usually experienced by people who do a lot of physical activity or have just exercised hard the previous day.
However, if body aches every waking up, it could be a condition that is a symptom of a number of diseases.
As reported KOMPAS.com on Sunday (17/4/2022), here are 6 diseases with symptoms of body aches when you wake up:
1. Viral infection
Reported from Cleveland Clinic via KOMPAS.com, Viral infections such as influenza, Lyme disease, pneumonia, Covid-19, and other viral infections can cause everyone to feel sick when they wake up.
When infected with a virus, the body experiences inflammation that triggers pain. Pain from the source of infection can spread to various parts of the body, and make the sufferer feel pain all over his body when he wakes up.
If the infection attacks the respiratory tract, the body can experience a lack of oxygen. This condition can also make your body feel sore or sore when you wake up.
2. Vitamin D deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency can cause calcium levels in the blood to decrease. This can interfere with kidney, muscle, and bone health.
Therefore, one of the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency is the body aches all the time when you wake up.
3. Inflammatory disease of the joints
Reported from Medical News Today via KOMPAS.com, Arthritis or arthritis can also cause body aches every time you wake up.
This condition can be caused by several factors, such as an infection in the joints or an autoimmune disease that attacks the joints.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic muscle pain disease that causes sufferers to often feel aches and pains all over their body.
The exact cause of fibromyalgia is not known. Even so, stress, injury, infection, or side effects of surgery can trigger these health problems.
5. Chronic fatigue syndrome
Reported from Healthline via KOMPAS.com, Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a condition that makes sufferers feel tired and weak for a long time.
This disease often causes insomnia, because the body lacks rest. Chronic fatigue syndrome can also make the body sick all over, including in the morning when you wake up.
6. Multiple sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease in which the tissue around nerve cells, called myelin, breaks down due to inflammation.
The damage interferes with the performance of the nervous system. As a result, sufferers may feel pain, aches, or tingling sensations, including when they wake up in the morning.
How to deal with body aches when you wake up
How to deal with all body pain when you wake up needs to be adjusted to the cause.
Here are some steps you can take to treat body aches every time you wake up:
– Manage the disease by taking medication as recommended by the doctor.
– Make sure you get enough sleep every day. In addition, use a comfortable pillow and mattress to reduce muscle tension that causes pain.
– Change your diet by avoiding all kinds of foods that cause inflammation, such as fried foods, high intake of sugar, and fat. Eat lots of vegetables, fruit, whole grains, and seafood.
– Keep your body in shape by exercising regularly, but don’t overdo it. Just exercise for 30 minutes per day and do it five times a week.
– Control stress with regular exercise, yoga, massage, and activities that can keep the mind relaxed
– Stop smoking, because the chemicals contained in cigarettes can inhibit oxygen-rich blood from reaching the bones and body tissues, limiting the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood, lowering blood quality so that muscles weaken and get sore easily.
(Author: Mahardini Nur Afifah)
Get updates news of choice and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.–