Pat Lambie, who was due to return to the competition after an eight-month recovery period, opted for the
suffered from concussions and "persistent symptoms" after a concussion, he announced in one
Interview at the team Released on Saturday.
The South African international (28 years, 56 caps), recruited by Club Hauts-de-Seine as the successor to Dan Carter at the end of 2017, said he was "relieved" to have made that decision: "I will not risk a new one The symptoms continued in the past few weeks at home and I did not want to expose myself to any major damage, "he explained.
Prior to his arrival in France, the Springbok had already considered stopping the rugby because of three shocks, including "really two big ones" in June 2016 and May 2017 in South Africa. After the latter had waited the N.10 six months before playing.
The symptoms, however, came back after a new concussion in Oyonnax end of December 2017. "It lasted about forty days, I was able to play again in late February, I felt okay, but I was not in good shape," says Lambie, whose symptoms worsened in recent months when he was in the final of a broken cruciate ligament in the right Knees recovered. European Cup against Leinster (15-12 defeat) in May in Bilbao.
The opener describes "limp legs", headaches, migraines and eye irritation. "I have not been able to do any bodybuilding sessions for the past two and a half months, as I had a terrible headache."
No third world championship
"I followed the advice of two neurologists (...) Their opinions came together: they advised me to stop rugby (...) So I followed the opinion of the specialists," Lambie summarizes, thus crossing his Hopes to contest a third World Cup after 2011 and 2015 in September.
According to racing coaching, Lambie returned to the competition after an eight-month absence in late January to replace the Scottish Finn Russell, who was mobilized by the Six Nations Tournament by his selection.