(Boursier.com) - THE TREND
The CAC40 limits its closing losses to -0.34% to 4.794 points after starting the session down 0.75%. The trend of the day was weighed down by Societe Generale's announcement of a 20% drop in its revenues in its market activities in the fourth quarter ...
Wall Street also consolidates this Thursday night, with fears related to trade tensions between the United States and their partners. Morgan Stanley, which has just published disappointing figures, also weighs on a banking sector already battered by the warning of the SG.
ECO AND CURRENCIES
In the midst of the trade war between Washington and Beijing, a bipartisan group of US lawmakers has come up with legislation banning the sale of US semiconductors and components to Chinese telecom giants Huawei Technologies and ZTE Corp. - or elsewhere. other Chinese technology companies violating Washington's export control sanctions or legislation.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry has not appreciated at all, calling Thursday this bill "hysteria" (Spokesman Hua Chunying), and urging the US Congress to give up. Democrat and Republican members of the US Congress yesterday tabled this plan to ban the sale of 'chips' and components to Huawei, ZTE and other Chinese companies. The text of the bill specifically quotes Huawei and ZTE, whose network products are supposed - according to the United States - to favor Chinese telecom espionage.
In addition, Trump still threatens the European automotive sector. Charles Grassley, a senator close to the US president, said yesterday, quoted by Reuters, that Donald Trump was still considering imposing high tariffs on European vehicles imported into the United States. This measure on auto tariffs could prompt the European Union to accept a new agreement with Washington.
The euro ends tonight at $ 1,1380 / $ between banks. Oil is on the $ 61 a barrel Brent.
Cerenis : up 16.6% followed by Aures (+ 7%), Eramet and Archos (+ 6%)
* Argan earns 5%. In 2018, the specialist real estate specialist in premium warehouses achieved a net result, after taking into account the cost of financial debt, taxes and other financial charges, of 144.5 ME, an increase of + 58% compared to 2017 (91.7 ME). As for the creation of value, it is visible in the increase of the EPRA triple net ANR excluding rights, which amounted to 653 ME on 31 December 2018, against 518 ME on 31 December 2017. This indicator thus increases by 25 % to 39.9 euros per share against 32 euros per share as of December 31, 2017.
* Mediawan earns 4% with Vilmorin
* Virbac : + 2.5% with Interparfums, Korian, Getlink, Aubay, Remy Cointreau and Casino
Air France KLM : + 1.5% followed by Sodexo, Edenred, Hermes and NRJ Group
*Cellnovo : 6% fall
* Societe Generale loses 5.5%. The bank with the red and black logo said before the session expect a decline of about 20% of its revenues in its market activities in the fourth quarter due to the high volatility in the financial markets. The decline in activity in the full year of 2018 would reach around 10% in this division. The company also states in its press release that the disposals announced at the end of last year will result in an exceptional charge of 240 million euros in its accounts for the fourth quarter. In addition, the Board of Directors of Societe Generale intends to propose a stable dividend for 2018 compared to 2017 (€ 2.20 per share) and announces its decision to offer shareholders the possibility of opt for a dividend payment in shares. A decision that confirms the bank's desire to preserve its own funds.
* NicOx loses 4.5% with CGG and Onxeo
* BNP Paribas (-3.5%). Barclays took over the cover of BNP Paribas to "underweight" by targeting 48 euros.
* TF1 : -3.5% with M6 on new opinions from cautious brokers
* GENFIT : -2% with Ubisoft, Faurecia, Crédit Agricole, STM, Alstom and JC Decaux
* Ipsen : -1.7%. The results of the first human study of a recombinant neurotoxin will be presented at the international TOXINS 2019 conference to be held in Copenhagen, Denmark. Recombinant botulinum neurotoxin serotype E (rBoNT-E)Ipsen was studied in a Phase I study that characterized its safety and tolerability profile in healthy volunteers. The study also demonstrated that it was acting faster and shorter than existing botulinum A neurotoxins, and that its peak of action was achieved more rapidly.
* Renault : -1.3%. The French state, the main shareholder of the French car manufacturer, has asked that the group's board of directors be convened "in the coming days" in order to "designate a new sustainable governance for Renault," said the Minister of Economy and Finance on LCI. The government has so far supported the group's decision to keep Carlos Ghosn in office.
© 2019, Boursier.com