- A double from Lilian Thuram propelled the hosts to the final of the 1998 edition
- Led by Croatia at the start of the second period, France quickly reversed the result
- Relive this World Cup classic on Saturday, May 9 at 6:00 p.m. CEST
France and Croatia clashed twice in the FIFA World Cup ™, the last two years ago, in the final, winning a 4-2 victory Blues. But 20 years before this final, the two countries were opposed in the semi-finals at the Stade de France.
A double of Lilian Thuram in the second period had allowed the hosts of the competition to reach the final of France 1998. This success had however been conquered in pain. The Croatian number 9, Davor Suker, had indeed opened the scoring, in a match where the goalkeeper Drazen Ladic had long pushed the deadline and during which the tricolor central defender Laurent Blanc had been excluded at the 76th minute.
The Croats will throw all their forces into the battle to return to the score. In vain. The French win 2-1, reach the final and win their first World Cup. #WorldCupAtHome is offering fans a replay of this epic 1998 semifinal on Saturday, May 9 at 6:00 p.m. CEST. Watch the entire match, as well as many other classic duels, on this YouTube playlist.
- Connect to FIFATV on YouTube for this France-Croatia (France 1998) at 6:00 p.m. CEST Saturday May 9, and join the conversation thanks to the live chat during the meeting
- Also follow the coverage, exclusive video included, on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Chat with us and with fans on social media using #WorldCupAtHome
- Immediately after the match, vote for the match time on Twitter